You Bet Your Life QR Code Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: The You Bet Your Life QR Code Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who are currently physically located therein. All entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entrants must have either a valid Social Security number or a valid U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Employees of Otter Creek Productions (“Sponsor”), Fox First Run, LLC, the You Bet Your Life television program (“Show”), Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), Sullivan Compliance Company, participating stations, stations airing the Show, streaming services, cable operators, multiple service operators, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, distribution, implementation or handling of the Show or the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, or any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Immediate family members (i.e. a spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, or parent) and/or any person, whether related or not, living in the same household of an individual affiliated with a Sweepstakes Entity are also ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Period:For all purposes of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor’s computer is the official clock, and all times refer to Pacific Time (“PT”). This Sweepstakes consists of one hundred eighty (180) individual non-connecting sweepstakes (each an “Individual Sweepstakes”) corresponding with each first-run episode of the Show. Each Individual Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. PT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT each day wherein a first-run episode(s) airs, beginning Monday, September 13, 2021 and ending Friday, May 20, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Entrants should check local TV listings for Show schedules in their local viewing area, which may be changed or pre-empted without notice in one or more broadcast areas (e.g. due to changes to the production schedule, special announcements, programs that may disrupt normal TV programming or local station programming pre-emptions). In these cases, at the election of the Show, the Sweepstakes may be played outside the above-stated dates, individual Shows and their corresponding call-to-action for the Sweepstakes may be aired on dates different than originally scheduled, or, the Sponsor may not re-broadcast that particular Show.
- Fan Fun: After each Individual Sweepstakes ends, Shows that are aired again (via repeats or streaming services) that contain the call-to-action QR code will re-direct viewers to a microsite (“Fan Microsite”) that is separate from the Sweepstakes Microsite. Once a viewer is at the Fan Microsite, he/she must follow the registration steps and correctly answer a question to earn points. Each correct answer earns ten (10) points. Incorrect answers will not result in any points for any participant. As fans continue to participate, they will be served different Questions and accumulate points over time for the opportunity to earn Show-related items including, but not limited to, hats and t-shirts. Points have no monetary value and a participant must abide by the terms and conditions of the Fan Microsite. Participation in the Fan Microsite will not result in a prize being awarded to a participant and is not required for entry into the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes/Odds of Winning: A total of one hundred eighty (180) separate prizes will be awarded in the Sweepstakes (one (1) prize per Individual Sweepstakes). Each winner will receive the same prize that was available to the audience contestant on the Show. Prizes may include a gift card or a paid subscription service for a pre-determined amount of time valued between $200 and $500 (actual prize awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion and subject to availability). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize: up to $500. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received for that particular Individual Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) prize per person for the entire Sweepstakes. No cash equivalent for a prize(s) will be available. Gift card/subscription service cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer and is subject to stated terms and conditions. The prizes are not transferable. However, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion choose to substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability or for any other reason. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of a prize not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and is the sole responsibility of each winner(s). As applicable, prizes will only be mailed/shipped to street addresses in the S. and D.C. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes) arising from the Sweepstakes or award of a prize will be the sole responsibility of each winner. If prize value is $600 or more, winner(s) will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the prize won (as stated herein) in the calendar year won. Any depiction of the prize(s) in promotional materials or otherwise is for illustrative purposes only. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth in these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize.
- Drawings: One (1) potential winner for each Individual Sweepstakes will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries received during the corresponding Individual Sweepstakes in a series of drawings to be held on or about two (2) business days after each Individual Sweepstakes ends by the Sweepstakes Administrator (“Random Drawing(s)”). Non-winning eligible Entries will not be retained or entered into subsequent Individual Sweepstakes.
- Notification/Verification: Each potential winner will be notified at the telephone number provided on his/her Entry by the Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator within approximately three (3) business days from the applicable Random Drawing. If a potential winner(s) is from a state that deems him/her to be a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian will be notified instead. If potential winner(s) cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted; if he/she is found to be ineligible; if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules; or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner(s) will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner(s) may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- General Conditions: The Sweepstakes is governed by all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and by these Official Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees and acknowledges to be bound by these Official Rules, as well as the decisions of the Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with these Official Rules; to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes or the use of any submitted Entry; and to release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for a prize. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify the Sweepstakes or any portion(s) thereof and instruct the Sponsor’s designee(s) to conduct the applicable Random Drawing(s) and award the prize(s) from all salvageable eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or award the prize(s) in a manner that is fair and equitable. Notice of such action by the Sponsor will be posted at the Microsite as well as any other applicable social media platforms. In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with that Entry will be deemed the Entrant. Said person must be the Entrant, comply with these Official Rules, be the person who completed the act of entering, and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be required to provide proof of ownership of the email account.
- Disclaimers: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, dropped, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; pre-emption/interruption/cancellation of the Show, promos, or elements of Sweepstakes and/or segment(s) featuring the Question; including but not limited to disputes regarding Answers or ambiguous Questions; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and or defects of a prize awarded herein; any technical or mechanical error when posting Questions on the Microsite; typographical errors in the promotional material; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider(s); interruption or inability to access (or Sponsor’s/Sweepstakes Administrator’s inability to access) the Sweepstakes, the Microsite or online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; any damage to an entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer/mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes or from entering or downloading/uploading materials/software in connection with the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects or any other error’s or malfunctions, fraudulent (including unauthorized) gift card uses made with lost, stolen, misplaced, or misappropriated gift cards, incomplete (including inaccurate) gift card database information and cancelled gift card uses or fraudulent/misappropriated uses of a subscription service due to incomplete (including inaccurate) database information or for any reason even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entrants hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to: (1) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of a prize supplier (if applicable) or any of its agents, servants, employees, installers or independent contractors, (2) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sponsor, or (3) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies. The failure of the Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, strikes, epidemics, pandemics, demonstrations, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of a prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the U.S. State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Los Angeles County, California, U.S. before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor and the Entrant(s) bringing forth the controversy or claim, which to the extent permissible must be brought individually and not as part of a class/group (collectively the “Parties”) or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees, and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Each Entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Each entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards. Each Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed void by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- Rules/Winner Information: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Winner Information, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: You Bet Your Life QR Code Sweepstakes “Rules” or “Winner” (specify which), P.O. Box 6493, Burbank, CA 91510. All requests must be received by July 20, 2022. The Official Rules will be posted on the Microsite during the
- Sponsor: Otter Creek Productions, 1999 S. Bundy Dr., Los Angeles, 90025.
- Sweepstakes Administrator: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., 1612 W. Olive Avenue, Suite 300, Burbank, CA 91506.
©2021-2022 ESG. These Official Rules may only be copied for personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.