NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: The You Bet Your Life Smart Dog Contest (“Contest”) is only open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who are currently physically located therein. All entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction as of the date of entry. Entrants must have either a valid Social Security number or a valid U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Employees of Otter Creek Productions, LLC (“Sponsor”), Fox First Run, LLC, the You Bet Your Life television program (“Show”), Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Contest Administrator”), Sullivan Compliance Company, participating stations, stations airing the Show, streaming services, cable operators, multiple service operators, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, distribution, implementation or handling of the Show or the Contest, any agents acting for the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, or any other person or entity associated with the Contest (collectively “Contest Entities”) are ineligible to enter the Contest. Immediate family members (i.e. a spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, or parent) and/or any person, whether related or not, living in the same household of an individual affiliated with a Contest Entity are also ineligible to enter the Contest.
- Contest Period: For all purposes of this Contest, the Sponsor’s computer is the official clock, and all times refer to Pacific Time (“PT”). The Contest entry period begins on October 25, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. PT and ends on November 28, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT (“Contest Period”).
- Entry/Material Agreement and Requirements: Each entrant’s Joke and Entry Information (“collectively “Material”) must adhere to the following guidelines and requirements:
- The Joke must not be written by a professional comedy writer/stand-up performer. For purposes of this Contest, a professional is an individual who receives payment for his/her services.
- The Joke must be written in the English language, must contain references to and/or the Joke’s content must be centered around a dog(s)/canine(s), and be written in the tone and style similar to the jokes performed on the Show’s Rodney Run comedy segment.
- The Joke submitted must be the entrant’s own wholly original, ‘creation’, and the entrant warrants that he/she possesses all necessary rights relating to its use and the use of the content contained within the Material.
- The Joke must not contain the first name, last name, phone number(s), address, website, email address, and/or any other personal information of the entrant (or any other person).
- The Joke must not have been previously entered in any competition or contest; won any award prior to submission in this Contest; and must not have been previously published, performed, or otherwise exhibited.
- The Material must not contain or depict any objectionable, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, or vulgar material and must be otherwise fit for broadcast/publication/posting/uploading, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Material must not include language, phrases, quotations, hashtags, trademarks, products, or brand names (not owned or licensed by the Sponsor or its affiliates) belonging to or copyrighted by third parties. However, Sponsor (in its sole discretion) reserves the right to modify any such representations if the Entry is otherwise eligible.
- The Material must not contain any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation.
- The Material must not contain any elements that: (a) would give or threaten to give rise to criminal or civil liability; (b) encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; (c) encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities; or (d) encourages acts of violence or dangerous stunts/behavior.
- The Material must not disparage the goodwill or business reputation of the Sponsor or any of the Contest Entities.
- The Material must not contain any references to alcohol, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any description or representation thereof. However, Sponsor (in its sole discretion) reserves the right to modify any such representations if the Entry is otherwise eligible or if the representations are deemed by Sponsor as an essential component of the Joke and its humor (in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion).
- The Material must not include obscenities or other objectionable material that defames or invades the publicity or privacy rights of any person (living or deceased), or that otherwise infringes upon any third party’s personal or proprietary rights, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Sponsor has the right to disqualify any entrant’s Entry that does not adhere to the above requirements, that is not reasonably pertinent to the judging criteria (described in section 5 below) or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE WEBSITE, SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS, OR BROADCAST ON THE AIR REPRESENTS SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. THE SPONSOR IS ACTING AS A PASSIVE CONDUIT FOR THE POSTING/BROADCAST OF THE MATERIAL SUBMITTED. SPONSOR MAY REVIEW/EDIT THE MATERIAL PRIOR TO USING ANY PORTION THEREOF ON THE WEBSITE, SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS, AND/OR BROADCASTING ON-AIR. THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO POST OR BROADCAST ANY MATERIAL SUBMITTED. POSTING OR BROADCASTING THE MATERIAL FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES HAS NO IMPACT ON JUDGING.
- Judging: On weekdays beginning on or about October 25, 2021 and continuing until on or about December 1, 2021 during business hours (“Judging Period”), all eligible Jokes will be judged by representatives of the Sponsor (“Judges”) whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Each individual eligible Joke will be judged according to the following judging criteria and scoring system: 1) Humor (35%); 2) Originality (35%); and 3) Length (the shorter the Joke, the better) (30%) (collectively “Judging Criteria”). Up to ten (10) entrants who received the highest scores based on the Judging Criteria will be declared the potential “Winners”. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Joke received the higher score for “Humor” will be declared a potential Winner. In the event of a further tie, the entrant whose Joke received the higher score for “Originality” will be declared a potential Winner. In the event of a further tie, the Sponsor in its sole discretion shall choose the Winner based on an evaluation of which Joke is superior overall, taking all Judging Criteria into consideration. Judges have the right, in their sole discretion, not to select ten (10) Winners based on an insufficient number of potential eligible Entries received.
- Prizes: A total of ten (10) prizes will be awarded in the Contest. Each winner will receive a one-thousand-dollar ($1,000) cash prize awarded in the form of a check made out in the winner’s name. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize: $1,000. The total ARV of all prizes: $10,000. Limit one (1) prize per person for the entire Contest. The prizes are not transferable. However, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion choose to substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability or for any other reason. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of a prize not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and is the sole responsibility of each winners. As applicable, prizes will only be mailed/shipped to street addresses in the U.S. and D.C. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes) arising from the Contest or award of a prize will be the sole responsibility of each winner. Each winner will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the prize won (as stated herein) in the calendar year won. Any depiction of the prize(s) in promotional materials or otherwise is for illustrative purposes only. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth in these Official Rules. The Contest Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize.
- Notification/Verification: Each potential winner will be notified by the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee by telephone on or about three (3) business days after the Judging Period has concluded. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (collectively “Affidavit/Release”), an IRS Form W-9, and any other documentation that the Sponsor or Contest Administrator may require including but not limited to a legible copy of his/her/their government-issued photo identification within three (3) business days after receipt, or such potential winner may be disqualified. Each potential winner may return his/her/their fully executed documents by email, fax, or by mail. Faxed and/or emailed documents have the same force and effect as the originals. By returning the completed Affidavit/Release, each winner attests to the provisions stated therein including the accuracy of the information contained therein and compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be reached within three (3) business days; if he/she is found to be ineligible; if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules; if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or if he/she does not return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, such potential winner will be disqualified and the entrant whose Entry received the next highest score may be declared a potential winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Rights in Submissions: In consideration of each entrant’s Entry being reviewed, judged, and evaluated for this Contest, each entrant grants the Sponsor and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sponsor the non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, edit, copy, delete, publish, display, distribute, transmit, translate, adapt, modify, electronically alter, use, assign, dispose, make derivative works, and otherwise exploit the entry and/or Joke(s) and to incorporate it in other works in any and all markets and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Each entrant represents and warrants that such entrant has the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor, and that Sponsor’s reproduction, publishing, displaying, broadcasting, streaming, posting, and/or other use of such entrant’s Entry will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, personal, moral, proprietary, or publicity rights, anywhere in the world. Each entrant agrees that Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, broadcast, stream, post, or otherwise exploit such entrant’s Entry.Each entrant agrees that the results and proceeds (if any) of Sponsor’s use of such entrant’s Entry shall become the property of Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s licensees, and shall be freely assignable by Sponsor and that the Contest Entities and their assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to such entrant. Each winner unconditionally assigns and transfers to Sponsor all rights, title, interest, and claim, which he/she now has, or may in the future have to his/her Joke. Each entrant and each winner release the Contest Entities, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith.
- General Conditions: The Contest is governed by all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and by these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges to be bound by these Official Rules, as well as the decisions of the Sponsor/Judges/Producer(s)/Contest Administrator which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with these Official Rules; to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest or the use of any submitted Entry; and to release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Contest Entities. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for a prize. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify the Contest or any portion(s) thereof and instruct the Sponsor’s designee(s) to judge the Entries and award the prize(s) from all salvageable eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or award the prize(s) in a manner that is fair and equitable. Notice of such action by the Sponsor will be posted at https://www.youbetyourlife.com/smartdog as well as any other applicable social media platforms. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with that Entry will be deemed the entrant. Said person must be the entrant, comply with these Official Rules, be the person who completed the act of entering, and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be required to provide proof of ownership of the email account.
- Disclaimers: The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, dropped, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death) in connection with: participation in this Contest; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information (including Jokes); disputes over who is the entrant; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the prize awarded herein; any technical, mechanical or typographical errors in the promotional material; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider(s); interruption or inability to access (or Sponsor’s/Contest Administrator’s inability to access) the Contest, the websites or online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; any damage to an entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer/mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Contest or from entering or downloading/uploading materials/software in connection with the Contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects or any other error’s or malfunctions even if caused by the negligence of one of the Contest Entities. Entrants hereby acknowledge that said Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Contest Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to: (1) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of a prize supplier (if applicable) or any of its agents, servants, employees, installers or independent contractors, (2) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sponsor, or (3) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies. The failure of the Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, strikes, epidemics, pandemics, demonstrations, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Contest, (ii) the awarding or redemption of a prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the U.S. State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability, or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Los Angeles County, California, U.S. before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor and the entrant(s) bringing forth the controversy or claim, which to the extent permissible must be brought individually and not as part of a class/group (collectively the “Parties”) or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees, and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Each entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Each entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards. Each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed void by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- Rules/Winner Information: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Winner Information, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: You Bet Your Life Smart Dog Contest “Rules” or “Winners” (specify which), P.O. Box 6375, Burbank, CA 91510. All requests must be received by January 28, 2022. These Official Rules will be posted at https://www.youbetyourlife.com/smartdog during the Contest.
- Sponsor: Otter Creek Productions, LLC, 1999 S. Bundy Drive, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90025.
- Contest Administrator: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., 1612 W. Olive Avenue, Suite 300, Burbank, CA 91506.
©2021-2022 ESG. These Official Rules may only be copied for personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.